ARTICLE: Prayer In This Part Of The World.

Prayer is an invocation or act that seeks to activate a rapport with an object of worship through deliberate communication. 

In the narrow sense, the term refers to an act of supplication or intercession directed towards a deity (a god), or a deified ancestor.

More generally, prayer can also have the purpose of thanks giving or praise, and in comparative religion is closely associated with more abstract forms of meditation and with charms or spells.

According to wikipedia prayer may be expressed vocally or mentally,vocal prayer may be spoken or sung and mental prayer can be either meditation or contemplation. The basic forms of prayer are praise, petition (supplication), intercession, and thanksgiving.

I want to say emphatically that prayer in this part of the world is been misinterpreted from its rudiments, people pray to God for things that are meant to be carried out by government or an attitude/character of oneself. ''God please let me meet light at home'' I hear a lot of this regular prayer of a typical man/woman/children and it kept me wondering (Is God an electricity supplier or what)This means we always pray to God on irrelevant things or let me  say things that concern our action and government. 

That's more of the reason I kept on asking myself why should I pray for things that is supposed to be provided by the government, but NO they still wants me to pray!

So you want me to pray so as to have a stable electricity supply?

You want me to pray so as to have access to good roads?

You want me to pray before I can have access to basic amenities as a citizens of this part of the world?

You want me to pray so as to have adequate security in my home?

Why didn't the government  put right mechanism that deal's with protection of property and lives in place before entrusting the rest to God.

All this aforementioned amenities is been provided by the government of a country as part of their functions and obligations to their citizens, but this part of the world wants me to pray before I can have access to this.

In the course of submitting/signing a file in an office, I would have to pray to God for the servants on duty to attend to me which is his/her duty to discharge this duty to me without any form of delays.

I wrote an exam and I would have to pray for the script not to be missed?

I graduated from college's/higher institution then I would have to pray to God to get a job to do?

Don't we think God is tired of all this our unsavory prayers, why can't we  put the round peg into the round hole,why can't we make things right for the sake of it been right but no they wouldn't because the system is so corrupt  in this part of the world to the extent that we all now believe so much in prayers, that it is the only way out of the problems we are facing in this country.

That's why you will see so many people attaching their problems in going to churches,mosques,shrine etc.

However, if the government has done their part in providing all their functions to the citizens of this part of the world, maybe we won't have many people dying in church thinking their problem is attached to the mosques. I think that's the reason why we have so many churches/mosques all around our environment preaching salvation all in the name of extorting from people who are not well oriented or people who has determined that their problem can be solved by going to this religious congregations and government has also capitalize on this as an opportunity to not be accountable for efficient discharged of their functions and rather allow this religious congregations to thrive more and continue to deprive the citizens of their hard earned funds.

The largest congregations in the world is situated in this part of the world, the richest pastor comes from this part of the world and the world most poverty stricken people is from this part of the world. I smile when I hear about this knowing fully well all this praying of a thing is affecting our sense of reasoning, until the day our industries, factories, companies, electricity grows intermittently at the expense of all this religious congregations that sprang up without no remittances to this part of the world economy, then we will still be stagnant as we have ever been maybe even retrogressive than ever before.

Article ByOlasunkanmi Oladeji Adeshina|@SunkanmiOladeji


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New AI deepfake app creates nude images of women in seconds

YouTuber Simone Giertz transformed a Tesla Model 3 into a pickup truck

Hertz launches $1,000-per-month car subscription service